Meet The Hurricanes Dive Coaches:
- Dove at Miami University
- Currently coaches at Amelia, Glen Este, and Loveland High schools
- FINA International Certified DivingJudge
- 30 years of coaching experience
- Currently coaching at McNicholas, Walnut Hills, Ursuline, and Wyoming High Schools
- Coached numerous High School State qualifiers
- Former Dive Coach at Montgomery Swim and Tennis Club
Harper’s Hurricanes Dive Team General Info:
- Dive Team Season:
May 31st through the third week of July
- Fees: $110 for the first and second child; $55 for the third child; no charge for the 4th child.
If you have paid and registered for the Swim Team, Dive is included.
- Morning Practice Schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday AM
o 9:30 – 10:30 am practice for age 11 and over
o 10:30 – 11 am practice for age 10 and under
o 9 – 11 am Saturdays, all age practice
- Evening Practice
Schedule: Monday and Wednesday PM
o 4:30 – 5 pm practice for age 10 and under
o 5 – 6 pm practice for age 11 and over
The Hurricanes Swim Team is part of The Club at Harper’s Point. Swimmers will range in age from 5 to 18 (age as of June 1), with all abilities welcome. All swimmers must be members of the pool. We have a 6-lane competition pool, with both a diving well and shallow end. The pool is open for recreational swimming from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day, 11:00 am to 8:30 pm. We will be Division II members of the 12-team Tri-County Swim League, one of the oldest and largest swim leagues in the Cincinnati area. Info you need to know:
- The goal of Harper’s Point Hurricanes is to teach and motivate our swimmers in a nurturing and fun environment; we strive for improvement by developing and improving strokes, starts and turns; competing in swim meets; encouraging team spirit, and having FUN!
- We will use an on-line registration system (TeamUnify swim team management software), which will also host the swim team website. Information to be posted on the Clubs website soon.
- Fees will be $110.00 for the first and second child in a family, $55.00 for the third and no fee for the fourth swimmer. Fees are due by May 15th. Swimmers ages 15 – 18, no Swim Team fee.
- The on-line registration will accept credit cards for all fees.
- Open House in early May, will include coach introductions, team suit fitting, swim lesson sign up and other information.
- Swimmers should be able to swim 1 length of the pool (25 meters).
Open House/Meet the Coaches in early May Practice starts on Tuesday, May 31 and is offered Monday-Friday
7:30-8:45 am 11 & over
8:15-9:30 am 9 and 10
9:00-9:55 am 8 & under
Dual Meets are on Tuesday and/or Thursday late afternoon Social Events for each group throughout the summer. Championship meet is July 22nd and 23rd at Miami University Awards Nite at the Pool July 24th
VOLUNTEERING There are many opportunities throughout the season to assist the team and most require no experience. Grill master, timer, concessions, awards, age group parents, etc. Officiating, however, requires training and certification and the team is looking parents to help with this responsibility.
PARENT BOARD We are currently looking for parent volunteers to help administer team functions. Positions available are President, Treasurer, Scoring, Meet Director and Social.
*The slight increase in our predicted cost for Swim Team membership was based on increases in league fees, championship fees, etc. which we were informed of in a recent Tri-County league meeting.